Sunday, July 12, 2015

Jane Presents Teacup Pixie By Karen Middleton

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase and image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image Teacup Pixie by Karen Middleton which is available from the Sweet Pea Store in  digi format.


Not my usual sort of card, I find it so hard working with design papers unless I make them myself.  However, I have been tidying my craft room and have all these papers from magazines which I collected ages ago and just don't use.  Now I am trying to make a really hard effort to use them up, it is such a shame to waste them :)

There is a bit of a story behind this card, Ranjith who helps me out with some of the hard cleaning in the house like the dreaded windows etc. has a birthday coming up so this card is for him.  I have to put his name on the card as his mother told him many moons ago (he is the same age as me) that if somebody puts your name on the front of a card it means they think you are very special, so this is for any cards I make for Ranjith.  He loves cricket but I have done that in the past :) he also loves tea so something different for him, a funky card for a change with a teacup.  He is also always on his mobile chatting to his family back in Sri Lanka or other friends to I had to use this paper set as it had phone paper with it.  The papers and the digi were the starting point, colour came later hahaha.

With papers and layout sorted it was time to colour the digi, I used Promarkers.
 Next, after hunting my stamps for something that would be the right size and giving up I cut the birthday and name text in vinyl on my die cutter.
 Simple squares were used for the three DP mounts and each was distressed around the edges.  I cut the lace doily on my die cutter and coloured it with Promarkers along with the lacy ribbon border.  I chalked around the edges of the scalloped mount. These two patterns were created by 'Bird'.  White ribbon was also coloured with Promarkers to match the colour scheme.  To finish off three orange buttons and the inside of the card completed with the same background DP and some lime green paper.

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Teacup Pixie by Karen Middleton
  • Colouring Medium - Promarkers
  • Dies - doily and ribbon border by Bird, Spellbinders scalloped circles
  • Papers from an old craft magazine
  • buttons, vinyl etc. from my stash
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment