Sunday, May 10, 2015

Precious Moments - Jane's View

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase and image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image Precious Moments  by Charity Dauenhauer which is available from the Sweet Pea Store in digi format.


I have had this image for a while and totally forgot about it - wonder how many of us do that :) :) Anyway, I spent a weekend colouring up several images for upcoming creations and this one one of them, isn't it just so precious.  The image was coloured with Promarkers and the sun/moon was edged with a silver pen which I smudged around to try and create some flare.
 I came totally unstuck with the background, just did not know which way to go.  In the end the chalks won and I used several shades of blues.  For the final layer I put an embossing folder underneath and pressing quite hard with the dark blue chalk, rubbed over to pick up the texture. Chuffed with this, it worked a treat.
Great, the background sorted now onto the card.  Oh dear - dead brain.  I knew what I did not want to do but seemed to have no idea what I did want to do.  Several cups of coffee later I came up with a plan. This card has certainly not been an easy one by a long shot :)
I ended up going for a twisted easel card with a very lacy look just using dies. I just adore the Tattered Lace die I got on a magazine a year or so ago and for this creation I cut it three times.  Two of the cuts were left whole and the third I cut into a couple of sections and attached them to the whole die on the front.  The image was cut with a Spellbinder Oval and mounted on the Tattered Lace Antique Oval die.  To finish off the die cutting I then added a tiny butterfly to link in with the image using Cherry Lyn Designs Mimi Butterflies and used mauve card for the underside of the wings.  The sentiment was a simple silver congratulations which I had to cut down to Congrats to fit into the area created by the inner cut of the Tattered Lace Antique Oval die which is a buckle to which I threaded wide organza ribbon through.  Finishing off I added a large white double organza bow with a safety pin charm and a blue button and then a spray of pearls.


 On the inside of the card I used some blue patterned vellum and then added the third of the Tattered Lace rose cuts I made.  Some pretty ribbon with baby items was attached on the lower edge and a writing area using Sizzix - 657938 which I mounted with foam tape.  There we are all done :) :) :) 

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Precious Moments  by Charity Dauenhauer 
  • Colouring Medium - Promarkers
  • Dies - Tattered Lace die I got on a magazine a year or so ago, Spellbinder Oval, Tattered Lace Antique Oval die, Cherry Lyn Designs Mimi Butterflies and Sizzix - 657938
  • Embossing Folder - Tatter Lace butterflies
  • From my Stash - ribbon, chalk, vellum, charm, pearls
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment