Sunday, May 17, 2015

Jane presents Aphrodites by Gabriella Szabo


Today is my day to showcase and image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image Aphrodites by Gabriella Szabo which is available from the Sweet Pea Store in both rubber and digi.

This week I have decided on another candle, this image just shouted at me that it was the right proportions :)

To begin created the background and then placed the image without the white background.  This was then printed on tissue paper and coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils.

 Once coloured I then mixed some Pearl Ex powders with very watery PVA glue and painted this on the wings and the light spots.  I had a wee bit left over so also added some to the petals on the roses.  If you would like to see how I decorate my candles I have a tutorial - click here to view.

Here you can see the two side views of the candles.
 Front view of candle

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Aphrodites by Gabriella Szabo
  • Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos pencils
  • From my Stash - Candle varnish, Pearl Ex, gold wax strip, tissue paper
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx


1 comment: