Sunday, November 9, 2014

Variation Week - The Archway Angel, Jane's View

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps for our Variation Week where the whole DT use the same image to work with.  It always amazes me how everybody's work is so individual and the image can be used in so many ways . We are all working with the image The Archway Angel by Karen Middleton.

I am trying something a little different.  Recently I bought the Spellbinder lattice die with wonderful visions in my head of how my cards could look.  Today is the first time I have used it so please be gently :) :) :)

To begin with I used the Marianne Designs Creatables Anjas Vintage Decoration border die on some mid tone purple card stock.
 I then cut a half centimetre border around the main area and removed the card.  I replace this with some of the lattice I had made with the die cut in a light mauve shimmer card.
 Next onto the digi.  I printed the digi with a %30 opacity and then went over the lines with my Promarker.  To finish off I used a purple shimmer paint.
The inside of the card was covered with a mauve embossed striped vellum type paper.  It is hard to know where to write on a card like this, any writing in the usual area will show through the lattice cutout.  To stop this happening I added dragonfly gems and some star tails.  To create an area to write I drew round the purple mount around the digi and cut it out. This was then placed on the inside of the front cover shadowing the position of the digi on the front.
 And her you have the finished creation :)



Ingredients
  • Image -  The Archway Angel by Karen Middleton available from the Sweet Pea Store
  • Purple Promarker and shimmer paint.
  • Dies - Marianne Designs Creatables Anjas Vintage Decoration border and Spellbinder lattice die 
  • Gems and tiny stars from my stash
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

1 comment: