Sunday, November 2, 2014

Skeletal Candle Holder

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I decided to work with the image Skeletal Candle Holder by Teresa Sherman. This is the creation I submitted as inspiration for One Sweet Challenge, hope you will join in, it is certainly a fun one to do - All Saint Day / Day of the Dead.  I thought it would be rather appropriate to make a candle box gift card for this, only the second one I have ever made and I am pretty pleased with the outcome.

After making the box I then started on the decoration.  The digi image was printed out on metallic paper and I just put a little colour here and there, mainly on the flame.  The background was airbrushed with gold around the flame area.  The black streak you see in the photo is a bit of a boo-boo, it is the reflection from the side of the candle area and is not on the image in real life.

Next I cut out the letters for the word remember, using a Tattered Lace alphabet die, these I then coloured with a silver metallic pen.  I cut the front of the card a little smaller and added a black lace border.  The final part of the decoration was the die cutting of the digi and adding a black glitter border then some leaf swirls using Cheryl Lyn's Tropical-Flourish which I then cut into sections.
 For the inside I used a Sizzix die and matt silver paper with black glitter paper for the border, nice and simple but I feel it works great for the overall effect.
 So here we have the inside of the finished project.
and the front view.

Ingredients
  • Image -  Skeletal Candle Holder by Teresa Sherman
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - Sizzix 657938, Cheryl Lyn's Tropical-Flourish and Tattered Lace alphabet die
  • Metallic paper, black glitter paper and lace from my stash
Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a happy crafting day ahead :)

1 comment: