Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Forget-Me-Nots and Rebecca Sinz

Aletha here with an inspiration piece to get your mojo going for the week. My little piece of art was inspired by the artist Rebecca Sinz and her beautiful portraits of some very interesting women. The digi stamp that I used for my card is "Forget-Me-Not." Sweet Pea Stamps also has it available in rubber for all you rubber stamp enthusiasts, Sheet 4 Plate 242.



This was definitely a study in blues. My mood is not blue; it was the “Forget-Me-Nots” that helped me with my deciding color. I guess I could have made them a different color, but blue is out of my comfort zone, so I thought I would give it a try.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 11, BV000
Hair: E50, 53, 43, 57, 49
Forget-Me-Nots: B60, 63, 66, 69
Background: W0, 1, 2, B60, Blender

I hope you visit this blog every day. There’s inspiration galore from Lynette’s talented design team. We’ve also got our monthly challenge going on at One Sweet Challenge. This month the theme is to use brown, yellow, orange, and red.


After you have entered our challenge, come inspire more people in our Facebook group. We would love it if you would “like” our Sweet Pea Stamps page and stay up-to-date with all the happenings at Sweet Pea Stamps.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great and creative week.
Aletha Jane
SPS Design Team

9 comments:

  1. Aletha, stunning!!! I know blue is out of your comfort zone but you'd never have guessed. She is a stunning image. I have to admit I didn't like these face images in the beginning but saw a few around and all I'll say is that I haven't not got many!!! Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Love this!! So pretty and I especially love how you colored her up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally in love with this one... blue is gorgeous.. And the coloring... just stunning Aletha! xxx Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Aletha! I love the bright blue colors on the image with the bright blue emebllishments on your card. So striking. It just matches perfectly! Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love this saturated Blue colors.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... a real stunner, Aletha! And blue is really not your kind of colour to work with? No one would ever think this when looking at this amazing card. Love everything on it!
    Hugs Karina

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I love the deep, intense colours and your shading on the image is amazing.. especially on the flowers and her lips.. just wow!

    I love this series of stamps from Rebecca Sinz and you've used it perfectly... the composition of the card, with the image in the centre surrounded by delicate embellishments in intense blue, is just fabulous.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aletha, LOVE these colors and her makeup--- gorgeous! You did an awesome job with this image

    ReplyDelete