Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Poinsetta Fairy

Hi! I have another Christmas Card to show you today using a gorgeous image from ching-chou kuik's plate 60. This one is called Poinsettia Fairy. All four of the images on this sheet are stunning and I intend to make Christmas cards with all of them (although they can be purchased individually, too).


I almost always get my color palette from the paper I choose, and this was no exception. I colored the image with Copics and then added some sparkle with both Stickles and a Sakura Clear Stardust glitter pen. The background is one sheet of paper - I cut a slit in the paper that is covered up with the image panel and cut along the edge of the ornament so I could slide the image slightly underneath it. The sentiment is cut from another piece of paper in the same line, then I went over the letters with the glitter pen.


The Details:
Stamp: Poinsetta Fairy - chin-chou kuik (Plate 60) - Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: Bo Bunny, Prism Purple, White for image (Copic XPress)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:
Skin: E000,E00,E11,R00,R20
Hair: FV2 (Lightened with a Copic Blender), V000
Flowers: BG000,BG02 both w/T0 over them,E47,FV2
Clothes and Wings: YG21,YG23,YG25,E47,E49,V12,V15,V17,FV2
Background: G20 w/E40 over, BG000, FV2
Misc: Recollections Pearls, Stardust Stickles, Sakura Clear Stardust Pen


:-)Traci

10 comments:

  1. Oh Traci! This is stunning! I love how you did the slit trick.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS Traci. This is beautiful, everything about this is just perfect. I love her wings

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS!!! The wings and hair are ... WOW!! I love purple, but this is purple even BETTER! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just out of this world beautiful. I like your idea of mounting the image!! Spectacular!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning, love the sparkle and the purple highlights in her hair...love all the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Traci! I love the sparkle and the purple paper/wing combo. Your coloring is just wonderful and the Holiday Magic on the purple paper is great. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy camolli...it's absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE the glitter/glitz and that paper... your coloring is awesome. Love it.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable work!!! The image is very good. Love the colouring a lot))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this card. The ornament is a fabulous detail and I really like the little pearls. Your colouring is amazing and what a wonderful choice of colours. I'm so impressed with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Traci, SHe is so stunning with her light purple hair and look at those gorgeus purple wings. I love the nontraditional colors!! GORGEOUS!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete