Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Let there be light!



I know I always say I had fun when I share a new project with you....but this time it's even more true! This little fairy is so beautiful and an absolute joy to create with. I decided to make it a standing piece instead of a regular opening card. I made a template for the bracket so you can see how I did it. Do be sure you use a thin card board for this instead of a regular card stock. It needs the thickness to make it stand. The template for the standing card bracket is here. You can certainly re-size it to fit any size project.
This little fairy is by Meredith Dillman's Fairy Lights. I love the soft, delicate lines. I used blue, black and white chalks to make the dark background around her. Her hanging lantern glow is yellow chalk.
I hope you found some inspiration from this!

Supply List
Image
Fairy Light, Meredith Dillman for Sweet Pea Stamps Plate 76

Ink
Memento, Tuxedo Black

Papers
Neenah Smooth white card stock
Solid color card stock-Bazzill Basics
Multi color designer papers-unknown manufacturer

Copic Markers
Skin tones-yr0000, e000, e21
Hair-e97, e15, e99, e09
Dress-b95, b97, b99, yg91, yg93
Wings-w1, b0000, b000, 0
Lantern-b95, b97, yg91, yg93, y21, y32

Misc. Supplies
white paper doily, Wilton Cake Supplies (colored e31)
Copic Atyou Spica Glitter Pens-Sand and Silver
Sticky blue pearls
Holtz Distress ink pad-Faded Jeans
Prima flower
Spellbinder/Nestability Die-Labels 4
Wide blue satin ribbon, Hobby lobby by the yard
Chalks for cheeks, lantern glow and background
Smooch "Illuminate" for wings
Thin cardboard for backing and standing bracket
dimensional adhesive
Scotch ATG gun and adhesive
Cuttlebug or Big Shot

12 comments:

  1. I love your chalk work Lisa! Especially the glow by the candle. You are such a master at coloring.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this is so pretty and elegant. Your candle glow looks so realistic. This turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW- this is wonderful and I really like the stand up so it can be admired. Thanks for providing the template/instructions too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ribbon and doily just are the perfect details for your marvelous coloring and gift idea!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning! love the colors and the background - never thought to look for those doilies from wilton...I am such a nerd!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! that's almost all I can say is WOW. My mouth dropped open at this one. Your coloring is just stunning. I love it. This artists work is amazing and you did a wonderful job on your project. Beautiful coloring Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG.... where do you live cuz I'm coming for lessons. BEAUTIFUL..... and that background.... stunning.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what brand of chalks do you use? inquiring minds wanna know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one.... Just captures my heart)
    What a magical work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a stunning card. I love the bow - makes the card look so rich. Fab colouring too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Lisa!! THis is so elegant and stunning. I would love to have this sitting on my end table. I guess I need to make one one day!! Oh and I love the colors.... your coloring is wonderful
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW wow wow!! What amazing coloring! IT looks like a painting by a Master!! I am so blown away by your creation! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete