Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lisa Victoria's Storytime

Enchanted Storytime


Hello Sweet Pea Stampers,

I had so much fun coloring Lisa Victoria's dragons, that I decided to feature "Storytime" from Plate #36 today. After coloring the stamped image, I used Labels Three die from Spellbinders to die cut the image. I used a sponge with Distress Ink to blend in the edges a bit. The papers are from My Minds Eye's Wild Asparagus line. I added the rows of velvet ribbon to, errr, hide a boo-boo :-). You can barely see it, I had dry embossed a single line around the edge of the card. I added a button on top of a square felt button and I also added Prima Flowers. I took Vintage Photo Distress Ink pad and just rubbed it on top of the flowers which I thought turned out pretty good. Makes it look like the edgfe of the flower petals are two toned. :-)

All in all, I am pretty happy with how this card turned out. What do you think? Thanks so much for stopping by and make sure to check out the Sweet Pea Stamps store. More new releases and definitely check out the Sale page.... and then grab your Sweet Pea Stamps and get inky!

8 comments:

  1. Micki, this is so pretty, I love the velvet ribbon, great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on this Micki!! I ahve noticed you are starting to use more and more embellishments and it looks great!! I love the layout of this card and the velvet ribbon looks great!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ribbon grid Micki! Your colors are great and those 2 toned flowers are super!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the purple on the dragon it make him look so charismatic. The velvet ribbon is a great touch!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this image! Gorgeous coloring and your layout is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you matched with the brown ribbons. Makes the card look so rich

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful job! I love the work on the dragon. Makes the depth of the card look so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your coloring is great, the velvet ribbon is a nice touch

    ReplyDelete