Monday, March 29, 2010

Lisa Victoria's Dragons

Remember the movie "Dragon Heart" with the voice of Sean Connery as the dragon and Dennis Quaid as the knight? I love that movie! So you can imagine my total squeal of delight when Lynette shared with the DT that Lisa Victoria would be the newest artist to join Sweet Pea Stamps and a preview of Plate #39!

I can not tell you how much fun it was to color this little guy up! It was so much fun that I whipped out four different versions of him. Even making the cards came easy for me :-)

What was truly fun for me was using some of the bolder Copic colors on him (or her, lo).


How adorable is he??? This is "Dragon Luck" from Plate #40. Doesn't he just melt your heart? I love red, but must still be on my bold color kick. I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with the weather :-), so I paired him with bold card stock colors. I've said it before, I love 'white' space and to tend to sneak white in especially when I use a lot of bright colors. The flowers are white Prima flowers that I just colored with my Copics and then added some Dew Drops in the center of two of the flowers.

For my second card, I went with another bright color, blue. Actually I used some violet colors too. (I know I should really track the colors I use :-( but I get so wrapped up in the coloring and will try all sorts of colors. Like a gray over red :-) ):



Notice I paired "Dragon Luck" with more pastel colored card stock and again, white card base.

You already saw my third card but in case you missed it, here it is again:


A friend of mine had sent me a little goody package which included the ladybugs. How perfect for this image, huh?

I've got several more versions of him colored up. Just needing to make the cards which I'll be sure to share :-).

If you are still reading this, go - no - RUN to the Sweet Pea Stamps shop because lots of new goodies. All of them are just awesome. Awesome doesn't even describe it correctly. However, I know you know what I mean. We can't wait to see what you create with all of these wonderful rubber stamps!

10 comments:

  1. Micki, all three of these are adorable, I love how you used different colors for each of them, so sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so sweet just look at that cute dragons face I love him he's adorable.
    Luv Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this guy! Love the new images SPS!

    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Micki, love the dragons and your use of color!! I still haven't inked mine up yet!! I have got to get busy!!! Well I am busy all teh time I just need to get the lead out of my rear and move faster!!! These are just adorable!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute cards, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Micki, these are so adorable! Great job! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a gorgeous set of cards Micki, I love those dragons.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  8. great colouring. makes the little dragon stand out

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them all Micki!! So adorable!! Gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Dragonheart, love it!!! These are all just absolutely fabulous Micki! You have a way with the dragons!

    ReplyDelete