Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Create low profile bling!

 

This technique will help you create a low profile bling embellishment. I picked up a 3 ounce bottle of glitter glue for less than $3 at a major mass merchandiser, this bottle will make many glitter dots! Besides using a hole punch, I had great luck creating shapes with punches, also. I recommend creating your shapes within a day of drying out the glue as it tends to become wavy with age and harder to punch.
   
Supplies:

Other elements
    Glitter Glue (Sulyn Industries)
    Crop-A-Dile (We-R-Memory Keepers)
    Sticker Maker (Xyron)
    Wax Paper (Reynolds)

Directions:
Working on wax paper, squeeze the glitter glue into a 1" strip about 2" long, a paper clip can be used to smooth out and ridges.


Allow to dry about 24 hours.
Remove the dried glitter strip from the paper and run through the sticker maker, smooth side down.


Using the hole punch, cut holes from the strip and catch them as they are created.


Peel the backing and attach to your projects as needed.

I also tried several other ways of creating my bling. The first was Stickles by Ranger - this was not a good idea, it crumbles too easily, which is too bad since there are so many wonderful colors available. The next attempt was using Diamond Glaze by Judikins with glitter, which actually turned out nicer than the glitter glue, for this method follow the instructions above, but immediately after creating the ribbon of glue, immediately cover with a generous coating of glitter before allowing to dry.


I hope you will find these tips to be helpful in your creations and as always enjoy sharing!!

13 comments:

  1. a very pretty card Jennifer and a cleaver idea. Thank you for sharing this with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY CARD AND BRILLIANT TIP I THINK ITS VERY USEFUL THANKYOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic idea thanks for sharing and I love the card with the gorgeous hair xxx Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and even greater card Jennifer.
    TFS
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I will definately have to try that! I love that it gives new life to your punches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Jennifer and thanx for sharing this with us, got to have a go as i love my glitter glues.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea !!! Thanks for sharing !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm sounds a good idea will give that a try, the card looks great.
    Luv Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card Jennifer and I love the glitter dots. I have several bottles of that stuff somewhere!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fab idea - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a great idea!! thanks for teaching me something new.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and elegant Jennifer! I always love all your gorgeous shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea! The way you create the glitter elements is just genius!!!

    ReplyDelete