Sunday, November 15, 2015

Jane presents Copia by Zoimar Lezama

This week is Artist Week and the whole DT are using images from Zoimar Lezama, I have chosen to use Copia.  The image was coloured with Polychromos and for the background I used a stencil and Pan Pastels.  When I coloured the image initially I had no background so added a digital background by removing the white space from the image once I had taken a photo of it.
I just loved colouring all the folds on this image :)
For my card base I covered a white card with a shimmering slightly embossed paper and then added a dark green layer in the same type of paper.  The green layer was mounted with foam tape.  Next I added some lace and allowed it to hang over the right edge a bit and on top of that some pink organza ribbon.  The ribbon does not really show unless you look hard but is the same ribbon I used for the bow and is a nice way to carry the colour.
What fun I had making my bow lol, I was trying to make something that resembled sections of a butterfly in keeping with the image.  To hold my bow in place I used a hat pin to which I added pearls and a hand made bead along with a bit of old broken necklace.  The pointy end of the hat pin was then passed through my bow from bottom to top and the end then bent over to make a hook.  The hook end was then secured to the back of the image. Below you can see a close up of the hat pin and bow.
Onto my flowers.  I used Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms and Foliage.  Two of the roses were cut using the same paper as I used to back my card and the other three some patterned Papermania paper.  The leaves were cut using the same dark green paper I had used earlier.  To complete my flower spray I added a small net and wire butterfly and dotted some pearls around. 
 With the scraps of paper I had left over I decorated the inside of the card using Spellbinders Foliage again and Memory Box Levington Border

Thank you for stopping by and hope you are having a special day taday :)

Ingredients :-

  • Image - Copia by Zoimar Lezama available from Sweet Pea Stamps in rubber and as a digi
  • Colouring Medium - Polychromos and Pan Pastels
  • Dies - Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms and Foliage, Memory Box Levington Border
  • From my stash - pearls, butterfly, ribbon, lace, hat pin, beads


No comments:

Post a Comment