Sunday, April 12, 2015

Fairy 6, Jane's view

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase and image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image 'Fairy 6' by Amy Brown which is available from the Sweet Pea Store in rubber.

 Bit of an experimentation day.  A while ago I made some of my own texture paste using talcum powder, white acrylic paint and PVA glue.  It worked OK and I seem to have loads of the stuff. It has been sitting in a sealed container for the last few months and today I thought I would used it again and try it with an embossing folder.  Alas it had dried out a bit so I poured some Mod Podge in and mixed it up - yummy, great texture and nice and sticky.  Oh dear - a bit to sticky for the embossing folder so that idea was scrapped, it looked good until you lifted the top off the folder and then all the pattern vanished and I was left with some wonderful spiky textures but that is not what I wanted lol.
 Time to rethink.  I smoothed out the paste again and this time tried with a rubber stamp.
 Much better and I did have lots of fun too.
While this was drying it was onto the digi which was coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos
Now I have my colour scheme onto the DP, this was a freebie from a magazine but I have no idea which one as I kept the papers and threw the magazine away ages ago.  Fancying a bit of sparkle I used the same rubber stamp and some Enchanted Gold embossing powder.
With the texture paste now dry I airbrushed it with my Promarkers to match the colours used in the digi.
I fussy cut the digi and oops - brain not engaged.  Overhanging the frame the ends of the wings are a single line with a wee spiral.  The only way I could think to get around this was to chop the spiral bits off but I felt that was not being true to the digi.  My final solution was to attach gold wire and when dry, recreate the spirals.
 Here you can see the finished result of the wire on the wings.
I cut the shape I wanted of the texture paste section and finished it off with lots of gold trim and gold organza ribbon with  bow.
 Next was the sentiment, nice and simple as there is enough going on with the card as it is.
The inside of the card was covered with the same DP as used for the front but I did not heat emboss this.  For the writing section I used the Spellbinder die A2 fancy weave - 4.
The final decoration on the front of the card was some rather funky green and blue netting I found down in the local market.  This was held in place with pearls.  Something was missing so I opted to add another gold embellishment using the die Marianne Design Craftables Flower Border Oval to which I added some Mirror Gold embossing powder and picked out some of the shapes with my gold pen.  Some Micro glitter was added to the wings of the digi.  Phew, done :) :) :) 

  • Image - Amy Brown's Fairy 6
  • Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos, Promarkers and O2 shimmer paints. 
  • Dies - Spellbinders Cirlcles and A2 fancy weave - 4, Sizzix Scalloped Circles and Marianne Design Craftables Flower Border Oval
  • From my Stash - Texture paste, ribbon, pearls and the fish net stuff :)
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

1 comment: