Hallo,
I really love how this project turned out!!! I have been playing with encaustic wax painting lately but some how my paper arts/rubber stamping addiction always has to get in on the action :)
I first built up many layers of wax - painting first several clear layers and then alternating colored layers with clear to get the backround the way I wanted it.
Next I used a transfer technique for the ship - made a large copy onto regular printer paper and rubbed it into the wax - then wetting the paper somewhat rubbed off the paper which leaves just the image in the wax.
The pirate I had colored with prismacolor pencils onto Neenah 'desert storm' which is a smooth kraft cardstock and I layed him on top of a warm layer of wax and added several layers of wax ontop of him to hold him in place.
Both images are by Joanne Schempp - 'The Black Pearl' and 'Ancient One' and are both available as rubber stamps and as digis' (and believe it or not I have both versions of both...)
Lastly I added a couple oyster shells and a black pearl and gold sword make with clay (the sword with a mold)
All for today - Take Care
Tera
Thursday, April 23, 2015
Artist of the week Joanne Schempp - Tera's view
Labels:
Ancient One,
Black Pearl,
Joanne Schempp,
Sweet Pea Stamps,
Tera
I am about to adventure into the life of Retirement and am looking forward to significantly more time in the studio, playing with my Grandkids and traveling now and then with the hubby. I have spent 41 years as an RN - mostly in Critical Care. I picked up painting and more formal art again when my kids went from High School into college. I have always done some form of art, even in the busy years of Career, Mom, Military wife - mostly in the crafty forms(sewing, rubber stamping, its a long list...) Now I mainly paint with encaustic wax. Encaustic is an ancient art form from Greece and Egypt that uses beeswax, natural tree resin and pigments. Encaustic is painted while melted in thin layers and every layer is fused to those below with heat( I mostly use a torch). True to my 'normal' self I have 3 or 4 other hobbies that keep me busy too , and you will be seeing(and have been) those here too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment