Hallo,
A batch of sweet and simple Christmas cards for you today - when I am running out of time and still haven't finished all the cards I need to send I turn to a simple layout and a sweet image like this one from Sweet Pea Stamps called 'Little Shepard' by Aurora Wings.
I colored him several different ways with prismacolor pencils (love trying out all the different color combinations) and then cut him out with a die cut and edged the panel with a gold metallic pen.
For the first card he was printed out a bit smaller than the rest and then layered to an embossed background with snowflakes, and I added some gold corner stickers.
For the rest I layered them to the base cardstock that had been embossed with 'Merry Christmas' and then I added a bit of glitter to the embossed part.
All for today - Take Care
Tera
Thursday, March 26, 2015
'Little Shepard' Christmas cards - Tera
Labels:
Aurora Wings,
Christmas,
Little Shepard,
Tera
I am about to adventure into the life of Retirement and am looking forward to significantly more time in the studio, playing with my Grandkids and traveling now and then with the hubby. I have spent 41 years as an RN - mostly in Critical Care. I picked up painting and more formal art again when my kids went from High School into college. I have always done some form of art, even in the busy years of Career, Mom, Military wife - mostly in the crafty forms(sewing, rubber stamping, its a long list...) Now I mainly paint with encaustic wax. Encaustic is an ancient art form from Greece and Egypt that uses beeswax, natural tree resin and pigments. Encaustic is painted while melted in thin layers and every layer is fused to those below with heat( I mostly use a torch). True to my 'normal' self I have 3 or 4 other hobbies that keep me busy too , and you will be seeing(and have been) those here too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment