Sunday, March 22, 2015

Artist Week - Poppy Sprite - Jane's view

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase and image from Sweet Pea Stamps and this week is Artist Week where the whole team are working with the wonderful images by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff.   I have chosen to work with the beautiful image Poppy Sprite  by which is available from the Sweet Pea Store as a rubber stamp.

I started by colouring the image with Promarkers, I do find red such a hard colour to work with but have to admit, I had great fun with this image :)
Next I moved onto my mount.  You know when you find some fabulous paper, buy it and then never use it, well today I decided it was time to cut into a a gorgeous paper I bought about 5 years ago and just have not had the heart to use until now. It has such a beautiful red flocking on it and oooooo so tactile.  Those who know me also know I love tactile card lol.  On the opposite diagonal I backed my card with some ruby red paper and then added red lace on top.  To cover the join of the two areas I added some ribbon.
What other embellishment could be used with the gorgeous Poppy Sprite but poppies.  I don't have a poppy die and although I did design some I ended up using the Pansy die from Sizzix and the stemmed centre is from a Marianne Craftables die. The centre of each petal was air-brushed with a Crimson Promarker.
 I needed a bit more black on the card to link up to the the Poppy Sprite underskirt so used another Marianne Design die - branch.  I then used ultra fine black glitter to on the tops of three black brads for the centres of the flowers.  Sorry they are not in the picture, they were to one side drying lol.
To assemble the card I embossed and cut a couple of circles which I mounted the fussy cut digi on.  A small type black peel off birthday sentiment was then place on the red circle.  A doily was then placed behind this grouping and attached to the card.  The finished poppies and leafy branch were then place on the mount and the mount attached to the card.  For the inside, a couple of basic squares using the red paper left over from the poppies and some of the base colour card and a black branch just to bring it all together.




Ingredients:-
  • Image - Poppy Sprite by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff
  • Colouring Medium - Promarkers
  • Dies - Spellbinders Circles and Squares, Sizzix Pansy and Marianne Craftables Branch
  • From my Stash - flock paper, lace, brads, ultra fine glitter, ribbon, doily and peel off Birthday sticker.
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

1 comment: