Sunday, February 8, 2015

Bleeding Heart Sprite - Jane's view

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase and image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image Bleeding Hearts Sprite by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff which is available from the Sweet Pea Store in rubber
I don't mind making Christmas card, I hate Halloween and Easter cards but oooooo I so love Valentine cards so this week, saying as it is February, the month of love I could not resist.  To begin with I cut the sections of my card on my die cutter.
 Next I covered the back of the folded sections with pink and silver mesh.
 The image was coloured with Promarkers
Next I took some narrow lace and stitched on side with running stitch so I could gather it up.  Using some bought satin roses I coloured them with my pink Promarker, the same as one of the colours as used in the image.
Using an 'I Love You' Sizzix die cut I created the text. With another Sizzix die I made the heart.  As I wanted lots of height here I used pearls to create the spacing between the text and the heart and again on the back of the heart where it will be attached to the card.
 Here you can see the front of the card.  A white lace bow was added to the heart/text die cut, a swirly die cut and three of the five flowers I made to complete the embellishment.
 Close up of the text and heart, you can really see the height achieved here by using the pearls.
 Middle heart of the card has one swirl die cut, a metal silver double heart and another of the flowers in the centre.
The final section of the card has the digi.  I added more lace behind the digi, the same lace I used for the flowers so it would match. Chalk was used to colour the white space around the image.  I then used the final flower to hold the card sections in place when opened.
 And here we have the finished card.



Ingredients:-
  • Image - Bleeding Hearts Sprite by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff
  • Colouring Medium - Promarkers
  • Dies - Sizzix Heart and I Love You, Cherry Lyn b127-Tropical-Flourish, card cut by Rae Carr
  • Flowers, lace, pearls etc from my stash
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

1 comment: