Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Guest Designer January 2015 - Kym Upshaw

I was delighted to be offered a Guest Designer role for Sweet Pea Stamps for January 2015.

There are far too many gorgeous images to choose from but in the end I ended up choosing an image from Enys Guerrero called "Minerva" which is available as a digital stamp.
I have wanted to make one of these 4 drawer easel cards for a long time now.  The image to me cried out for colourtones of grey, black and white and a steampunk feel.
 I have coloured the image in with my Graph'it pens and fussy cut around the image.
 I have used lots and lots of different dies to create the effect I wanted.  As it is something to go on my craft desk I have added a calendar and post-it note holder.
 I have decorated the card inside and out along with all the drawers.
 The drawers are now holding brads, die-cut shapes and some sentiments printed off from a CD.
I am pleased how this has come out and will enjoy it sitting on my craft desk throughout 2015.

If you want to see the full details on how I made this 4 drawer easel card please pop on over to my blog.

Many thanks to Lynette and the Sweet Pea Stamps Design Team for having me.

1 comment: