Sunday, January 11, 2015

Chincoteague, Jane's view

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful rubber stamp Chincoteague by Julia Burgess which is available from the Sweet Pea Store. This is a rubber stamp image.

I decided to challenge myself with this image by colouring it with one black crayon (Faber Castle Polychrosmos) - what fun I had :) :) :) In keeping with the image I then followed through in my planning with an all black and white card.  To begin with I designed some horse shoe paper to use as my backing paper, this I mounted on black card.
 Next I designed some horseshoes and cut them with my die cutter.  I used black vinyl on thick white card to make them sturdy.
 Here is the coloured image
 While in the UK a while ago and rumaging through second hand shops in their button boxes I found this wonderful bit - instant love and had to have hahahaha.
 I coloured the bit with black Promarker and then added some ultra fine black glitter.
 To finish of two small black gingham bows to cover up how I have attached the horse bit to the card.


Ingredients:-
  • Image - Chincoteague by Julia Burgess 
  • Colour media - Faber Castle Polychrosmos and Black Promarker
  • DP and horse shoe die cuts by me
  • bit, ribbon etc from my stash
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful...I love the movement in this image! Also it's great how you colored the bit to match

    ReplyDelete