Sunday, November 16, 2014

Peacock Fairy - Jane's view

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I decided to work with the image Peacock Fairy by Meredith Dillman.

I have had this image for ages and have been longing to colour her but wanted to wait until I had some real peacock feathers to work with for the card too :)

To begin with I created the card base.  When I was designing this card I created a very swirly cut out design for the front windows.  That was fun to do but thinking about it I wondered if I would be able to cut it successfully first time.  My die cutter is more than capable but I have learnt over the years a new mat and needle are imperative for something like this along with the type of card being worked with, something with a tight composition, bone dry and preferably white is the best I have found for cutting.  Being a bit pushed for time and not wanting to trash a new mat I wondered if it would work to cut the design using cream vinyl and then applying that to a clear plastic sheet - worth a go.

Here is the cutting done
Next I used some cheap lightweight vinyl to transfer the cut shape and apply it to the clear plastic sheet.  Next I cut around the outside of the shape, scored the fold lines and done.  Yep, this, I think was a great success.
Now, for some reason, I don't seem to have taken any more photos.  Think that is because I am tying to get lots of blog post done before I go on holiday and some things are just slipping from my memory lol.  Anyway, I printed the image with a 60% opacity to prepare it for the no-line colouring technique the proceeded to colour using Promarkers.  As there is nowhere to write inside this card I used a Spellbinder die and the same dp as I used to cover the inside of the card.  To finish off the back I used a few of the longs strands found on peacock feathers and a tiny wee bright blue bow.  The front of the card has the same embellishment and a birthday tag.  To finish off the front, Liquid Pearls were placed on the swirl ends of the cut out design.

Back of card
 Front of card

Ingredients
  • Image -  Peacock Fairy by Meredith Dillman available in rubber or as a digi
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - C Art Decorative Oval Frames, Spellbinders Adorning Squares-7 and Spellbinders Classic Scallop Squares
  • Vinyl, Liquid Pearls, plastic sheet, peacock feather, bow etc. from my stash
Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a great crafting day ahead of you :) :)

1 comment: