Monday, May 5, 2014

SPS - Woodland Fairy by Charity Dauenhauer

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have opted to use the digi Woodland Fairy by Charity Dauenhauer.
.
I fancied making my own background for this card, partially because I could not find just the right paper in my stash and also because I have loads of rubber stamps which I don't use much, I am totally useless at rubber stamping lol.  To begin with I designed the coloured background in Photoshop and used a leaf brush for the borders.
 Next I stamped a bunch of trees using the Scenescape trees set and then I embossed them with black embossing powder.
 To break the background up a bit but not hide it I airbrushed a piece of acetate with a brown Promarker.
 Next I coloured the digi with Promarkers and also use in some Derwent Artist pencils for the background.
 I have to admit, I was not happy with the background done with the pencils so reverted to my usual method of masking the digi and then airbrushing with Promarkers.
 To finish off the digi I add Stickles to the flowers and butterflies (forgot to show the colour I used, sorry) and also to the leaves.  In the bottom right I assed Flower Soft to give a lovely textured and very 3D feel.
 To complet the card I added turquoise lace and flower embellishment made up of plant matter.  Three button to the bottom of the branches and a wee bow with a turquoise gem I found in my button box, think it was a bit of an earring in a past life.  The final touch was some more Flower Soft.

Ingredients
  • Digi - Woodland Fairy by Charity Dauenhauer.
  • Promarkers
  • DP by me
  • Stickles, lace, embossing powder, buttons, plant matter, gems, Flower Soft etc from my stash.
Thank you for stopping by and taking a look :) Hugs Jane

2 comments:

  1. Great scene with a lot of wonderful details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, so very wonderful, I love the way you colored the stamp as well as the background on that card. That blue lace is just striking too. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete