Sunday, November 17, 2013

Weekly cards by Kym

My first card I have to show you this week is a Christmas card I have made using a Sweet Pea Stamps image by Joanne Schempp called "Kristy".  It is available as a digital stamp and a rubber stamp.  I have coloured the image in with Promarkers and highlighted areas with a white gel pen and my clear Wink of Stella pen.  The backing papers are from my stash.

I have finished the card off with some ribbon, die-cut poinsettia, die-cut holly, pearl, wooden heart coloured with a Promarker and a Craftwork Cards die-cut sentiment.
************************************************************
My second card I have made is one suitable for a man.  I have used the Ching-Chou Kuik imaged called “Ladybug”.  It is available as a digital stampsingle rubber stamp and as part of a multi-image plate (Sheet 26, Plate 79 – Ladybug comes on the multi-image plate with Seahorse, Hummingbird and Dragonflies along with sentiment).
I have coloured the image in with my Graph’it pens, highlighted areas with my Wink of Stella clear pen and added pearl drops to the background.  The backing papers are from my Perfect Papercrafting CD.  I have finished the card off with some die-cuts a friend did for me.  The first is Joanna Sheen’s Lace Edger 2 die-cut which I have inked with Time Holtz’s Crushed Olive distress ink.  The second is Joanna Sheen’s Ivy Flourish die-cut which she cut from some metallic card.  I also added some buttons and a Craftwork Cards die-cut sentiment.
******************************************************

For my final card to show you this week I am using a Sweet Pea Stamps image by Rachel Anderson called "Sunrise".  It is available as a digital stamp, single rubber stamp and as part of a multi-image plate (Sheet 2, Plate 111 – Sunrise comes on the multi-image plate with Amanita Muscaria, Pixie Dust and Twilight Shimmer). 

 I have coloured the image in with my Graph'it pens, highlighted areas including making her have a dotty dress with a white gel pen and highlighted areas with my Wink of Stella clear pen. I have stamped around the image with various peg stamps and Tim Holtz's Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint distress ink.
The backing papers I have used are from my Perfect Companion CD. I have used Victorian Velvet distress ink to colour the doily. I have used a Tim Holtz flower die and made two dimensional flowers out of scraps of the backing papers. I have finished the card off with some pearl brads which I've had for some years now, ribbon, pearls and a gorgeous Prima butterfly I got for my birthday.

7 comments:

  1. I love the card with the Ladybug. All of your cards look so lovely. I wish I could make so many! Big hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all of the cards you have made. The card with the fairy is my favorite one. You colored her so beautifully.and the dots in the dress are nice.. Hugs, Viola

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all fabulous! I can't choose a favorite! all have so many awesome elements!! FAbulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kym, these are of excellent standard I do love the last one all that pink it's a pretty image too. oh gosh they all are.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many lovely cards. I just love that amazing Christmas image and the pink card is just stunning. WOW. Great works. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many adorable cards!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy! I love them all and I know they are going to be loved by the receiver.

    ReplyDelete