Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Regan Kubecek's Angel Wings

One of my crafty friends has been having a bit of a tough time lately so I wanted to send her a card to cheer her up... and I thought this sweet image by Regan Kubecek would be perfect:


I used the digi stamp version of Regan Kubecek's Angel Wings and coloured her with my Prismacolor pencils, with touches of white gel pen for accents:


These pencils give a lovely soft effect that I think works really well on this image. I went with pretty pale colours in pastel shades and teamed the image with soft pinks and creams for my card. I embossed a panel of white card using a cute cloud embossing folder and added lacy ribbons, a pearl flourish...


...lots of pretty flowers...

...and a computer-printed sentiment which I cut out using a banner die and inked with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.


Regan's beautiful stamps are available in both red rubber and digi stamp format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store.

12 comments:

  1. Ali it's beautiful. I love that gorgeous lace and pearls, and soft colors of your papers.
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the.inked sky behind the image. The soft colors in the angel blended well with the whole card theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali, this is gorgeous. Lovely subtle colours and fabulous embellishments. It all works so well. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty and delicate. I just love this so marvelous.
    hugs
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! the flowers and pearls are the perfect touches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ali, this is a gorgeous card, with all those soft elements in to it... I love the clouds in the back.. how you did that with stripes of the pencils.. so well done! The angel looks adorble.. Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the soft elegant look of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty Ali, I love the hair color you chose, she's a lovely angel. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ali, such a pretty card, love her hair. This card is so precious, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so beautiful and I want to say THANK YOU Ali. It's more lovely in real life, and it make me feel much better! Smile on my lips and I love to see the work and touch it. Love your coloring! And the bling swirl!
    Big big Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet creation, Ali! Love your soft pastel tones you used for your card. The pearl swirl is a perfect addition.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and so soft. Reminds me of spring! Love this Ali!

    ReplyDelete