Thursday, October 24, 2013

Featured Artist Week: Brigid Ashwood by Kym

It is "Artist of the Week" time over at Sweet Pea Stamps.  This is when an artist is showcased on the Sweet Pea Stamps Blog for a week by members of the Design Team.  The "Artist of the Week" for October 2013 is the ever so talented Brigid Ashwood.
Brigid Ashwood's images are available only as rubber stamps at Sweet Pea Stamps.  For my card I have used the image called "Darja".  I have coloured the image in with my Promarkers/Flexmarkers.  I have inked around the image with my Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet and Tumbled Glass distress inks and added some pearl dots.  

For my card I have used a new CD called "Perfect Papercrafting Companions" by Creative Crafting World.  I have used a plain pink/spotty pink and a plain blue/gingham blue to match the image.  I have finished the card off with some die-cuts, doily, raffia ribbon, Craftwork Cards die-cut sentiment and Card Candi.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Fun to see the pink and blue colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty colour scheme on this, Kym, and the way you've coloured image is gorgeous. The pearl dots are a perfect touch too. :)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely assortment of colors, totally different than all the other designs this week. Nice work. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colors. I love the coloring and that jute band of trim. SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Cool colors! Love it! You made it so soft and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! I love the color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love color combo on your card Kym.
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab I love the pink and blue and the image is adorable. Beautiful work.
    hugs
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kym, this is remarkable, I love the colors on this, it is stunning and all the layers are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete