Monday, August 19, 2013

Crane of Peace


Aletha here with an inspiration piece from ching chou kuik’s fantasy art collection. This little beauty is “Crane of Peace.” I have created with the digi, but she is also available as a single rubber stamp, or from sheet 53, plate 249.

I hope you are ready for purple, ‘cause there’s a lot of it. I didn’t mean for that to happen, but that’s the way all of my elements worked out.



I colored her with my Copics and did a little highlighting with a white pen and Spica pens.

 Copics used:
Skin: E000, E11, R30
Hair: E50, E25, E29
Kimono: R21, R22, R24, R29, R89 &
V20, V22, V25, V28, BV08
Background: YR01, R21, V20, G93, G97

My framed die cut is Spellbinder’s Card Creator Die A2 Filigree Delight.  After I cut the pieces I painted the cut with violet Viva Décor 3-D paint. I also touched the edges of the main image.

My flowers are from my stash. I did some dry brushing with white and violet Viva Décor 3-D paint. My little butterflies are from a very old Martha Stewart punch. I added white and silver Viva Décor 3-D paint. My designer paper is from Heartfelt Creations.



Stop by every day for some creative inspiration. Remember that there is a challenge at One Sweet Challenge. The theme is using your favorite technique.

Thanks for stopping by!
Aletha Jane

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow Aletha, this is beautiful!

    Your colouring is incredible.. the shading and highlighting on her hair is just... wow! :) I love love love that Spellbinders die and I'm going to have to try the Viva Décor 3D paint as you use it to such amazing effect. :)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aletha, this is magical and stunning. Love it - especially as it's purple. I too need that die!! Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely coloring, and i like that frame cut.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such a gorgeous project, Aletha!! Love everything on your card... fabulous colouring in purple... love this colour!! And also love your frame.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Aletha, your coloring on this image is just stunning! I love the background surrounding the image too. The embellishments are gorgeous. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful coloring. I love all the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aletha, this purple is stunning, I love purple! The frame you used is gorgeous and the butterflies are placed perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely STUNNING! Love the way you included the frame, but it isn't the entire background. sparkle and shimmer and purple. nothing could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Aletha!!!! So lovely! The frame is adorable!!! And your coloring!!!!

    ReplyDelete