Friday, July 12, 2013

Variations Week: Holley's View

Here's my version of this beautiful stamp that we are using for this month's Sweet Pea variation week.  This stamp is Conie Fong's Mother and Baby Girl.  It is available in both rubber stamp and digi-stamp format.  I chose to use yellows and greens for this card.  I know lots of mom's get beautiful items in these colors, esp. when they don't know the sex of their baby before it is born. Often the baby showers are filled with more neutral colored gifts.  I think these colors would go well for either, but this cute image, you can so tell she's a sweet baby girl!

I used some gorgeous embossed paper from Heidi Grace with a  sweet "Look at you Grow" sentiment from Basic Grey.  I added a few random sentiments on the card that go perfectly with little children. 
Be sure and check out all of Conie's  wonderful stamps at the Sweet Pea store.

8 comments:

  1. Holley love the yellow/ green. The sentiment is perfect with this image! Love the flowers, this is so cheery looking, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holley, fabulous colour scheme of yellow and green. Love the embelllishments you have chosen. These are the colours I tend to pick if I don't know if the baby is a girl or boy but now will pinch the idea of putting them together - hope you don't mid. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the yellow and green is a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have to agreed, love the yellow and green. Your coloring is wonderful too.
    Hugs,
    Aletha Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those colors together Holley! I like how the dp accents the flowers and how you have used buttons for centers.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your colour scheme... it's so fresh and pretty. Gorgeous colouring on the image too. :)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love your colour combo of green and yellow, Holley. Your colouring of this sweet image is so pretty. And the flowers are a perfect addition.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So beautiful! Love the text you used, and the die frames are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete