Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Come Fly With Me...

I love the artwork of Marlon Teunissen, one of the newest additions to the talented stable of Sweet Pea Stamps artists. Her style is kind of manga and kind of steampunk, two styles that I really like.
So I just had to have a play with one of her newest images, called The Pilot:
I went all out with the steampunk style on this card, with motifs of clocks and cogs and lots of metallic effects. I coloured the image with Promarkers and cut it out with a Spellbinders die, embossing and inking the edges, and matting it onto bronze coloured card:
I cut a cog design overlay from more bronze coloured card using my Cameo and added a patchy rust effect with Distress Embossing Powder before layering it over patterned paper. I mounted the image on foam tape and added some detail with a copper coloured Perlen Pen and some Glossy Accents:
I added decoration with some layered paper flowers, a metal flower centrepiece and some die-cut leafy flourishes which I heat embossed with copper coloured embossing powder...
..and to finish I cut a sentiment with my Cameo and also heat embossed it with copper embossing powder before attaching:


Steampunk, yet still pretty and feminine, I think? :)

Ali xx

7 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! Love the steampunk feeling, and Thanks so much for the great idea with the embossing On leafes and text!!! Wow! Amazing! I need to try that!
    What is the text? A die? From where? I LOVE that font!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project - love it! Love all your details.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all that METAL Ali....so on it!! The background mat is perfection!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's totally awesome Ali!! WOW. I just love your coloring, it looks like it's gonna pop right off the card. Then the embellishments looks like total metal. So wonderful and steampunk but yes, still pretty and even feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ali, the embellishments on this are gorgeous and her red hair.... so pretty. This card is gorgeous, stunning work

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, Ali!!
    Love her red hair and all the gorgeous embellies. And those diecuts in the back are just perfect!!

    Hugs, Randi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Ali! Love your colouring on this fabulous image. And the metal effect you got with the embossing is great!
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete