Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Variations Week: Connie's View


This week the DT got to work with an image by 
ching-chou kuik titled
"Toucan"
which you can purchase alone or with
other gorgeous stamps on
plate #211 over at


For my view I layered the image on a
diecut frame that came with my
Genius plates (no mfg name on this).
I layered this onto an embossed panel 
(Spellbinders M'Bossabilities)
"Flower Fun" and added
a diecut by Marianne Creatables
and some flowers by Wild Orchid.
I double-cut one of the stamped
flowers and popped it up for dimension.

I found a color photo of this lovely bird
so I could get the colors somewhat close...
not sure if I succeeded?
Below is a close-up of the Toucan image
with the popped flower:



Be sure to stop back daily as the Team will
be giving you a sample of
different views all week!
Connie

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Connie. Love the embossed background and the gems on the leaves. Popping up the flower was brilliant. I think your bird is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, your did an awesome job on this. Love the embossed paper behind and the colors you used for the Toucan is perfect. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work with the Toucan and I love the roses you added with the embossing behind them. Lovely card Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absoloutely love how you coloured the Toucan, Connie. Looks so great! And the embossed background is a wonderful idea and a perfect match.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful coloring Connie, love the embossed background and embellies too!

    ReplyDelete