Tuesday, July 24, 2012

SWEETPEA DT INSPIRATION



This week I am sharing this fabulous image from Sweetpea stamps with you.  Teresa Sherman's Steampunk Sally - Sheet 4, Plate 212 available here.


Gothic/steam punk images aren't usually my thing as I'm not a lover of Dark images,  I find them difficult to do favouring cute - but I have to say I was expectantly drawn to this plate.  


After colouring this stamp I thought it looked too clean for steam punk so decided to have a go at PUNKING IT UP - I had sprayed the image with a shine varnish so it was difficult to get the distressing inks to work.  I actually liked the finish result and was glad that the varnish had stopped the distressing inks from penetrating and saturating the image too much.



Inside view



For more details check out my blog here.


Done forget to check out those stamps at Sweetpea and check out those new artists too - I can't wait to get mine!

Best wishes,

8 comments:

  1. gorgeous work! love the over spray, really does a great job at grunging it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sharon. I love the way you colored her. Great job as always.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really ought to rethink your position on this type image Sharon. You have done a smashing job with this!! I love all of it.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Sharon, this is gorgeous, it is stunning. Love the background paper you chose for this,

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just a stunning image and you made a stunning card with it. Your layout is amazing both inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, I just realize I hadn't commented to tell you how fabulous this is. I have looked at it several times! The red as accents is wonderful. The way you create is so fun and lovely to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing creation, Sharon. Love how you coloured this fabulous image and the papers you chose. The flower bouquet is so lovely as well.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh! Love your coloring! Love the paper behind her! And the inside is lovely!! =)
    Hugs Milo ♥

    ReplyDelete