Monday, February 20, 2012

Connie-Captured


I fell in love with this gorgeous Sweet Pea image by 
Karen Middleton titled 
"Captured"
Isn't she just beautiful??

You can find a lot of other Middleton images by clicking


Supplies used:
Sweet Pea stamp "Captured"
papers by Anchor Paper
embossing folder "Butterfly Migration" by Sizzix
Nestie "Petite Ovals"
vine die by Cheery Lynn "Fanciful Flourish"
sanding block
Copic markers
sponges
Distress Ink "Iced Spruce"
corner rounder

I ran a sander over the embossing to bring out the white core and
layered vine die cuts around the image itself and sponged some Distress inks
around the edges.
A nice 'n simple card yes?
I hope you like it.  I am off for the week to care for some
of my grandchildren while their parents frolic on sumbeach
somewhere.....something wrong with that scene I think if I am the one staying 
where the temps are cold?
Connie

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Connie - love your distress, design and colours - all work so well together.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card Connie, I do love the image

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant card Connie. Love the colours you used for it. The embossing and the swirls fit perfect.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it Connie, especially the sanded embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Connie, stunning. Love the colors and the die cut is so pretty with this. You did a fabulous job

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the background you did for this image and how it goes so well with your coloring. The sanding of it makes just the right touch. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Connie, this is so gorgeous!!! I am loving the green and your layout is beautiful.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete