Friday, January 27, 2012

Be my valentine

Here's a wonderful Sweet Pea stamp from artist Terra Bidlespacher called Rainbow Drear (Plate #182). If you check out the original as colored by the artist, you will see how different the image looks on my card. I colored up this image for a Valentine. Even though she kind of has a ho-hum look on her face, just wait until her Valentine shows up. Her little face is going to light up.
Isn't she so adorable and dressed for the holiday? I added some wonderful glitter adorned paper from K&Co, some beautiful flowers with bling and die cut the image out with a huge circular die cut and adorned it with pink ribbon. Here's a close up of the stamped image, colored in Copic Markers:

Can't you image the smile coming to this little girl's face? I almost have to laugh and think if you have a teenager, you are probably used to seeing this expression a lot anyways! If this is the look on my face on Valentines, you best bring out the chocolate (white chocolate preferred, thanks!!)

Have fun making tons of Valentines for the upcoming holiday, be sure to check out all the wonderful stamps on sale at the Sweet Pea website! Also Feb is going to be a month long blog candy celebration at Holley's Blog with games and fun going on all month long in a huge giveaway to celebrate the two year anniversary of successful brain surgery. Be sure to come by and win some!

Cheers, Holley

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea to turn this into a Valentine Holley!! I really like how you ran the ribbon around the shape also.
    A perfect production!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE her as a Valentine's Day image! This one is so versatile. Fabulous job Holley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card, she makes a great Valentine image and I love the ribbon frame along with all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love your idea to use her for a Valentines card, Holley. Such a beautiful creation. The ribbon you added to the frame looks so great.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't got this stamp but am thinking about it as I've seen how versatile it is. Works well as Valentine.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a wonderful card, I love how you made her into a Valentine Card. This card is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh So sweet Holley. I love the background paper and the way you added the ribbon around the edge of the scalloped circle. I also really like the way you colored her and added the bling to the flower centers.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete