Saturday, December 10, 2011

Holly Bess

Hi everyone, how are you doing? Fine I hope. Are you prepared for Christmas? I am so much in the mood to make Christmas cards. And I catched the bug to create Christmas cards with no typical Christmas images :o). It is soooo much fun. So this card I show you today is one of this kind as well. 

I used beautiful Bess from our fabulous artist Elaine Cox. And hey, know what? She is on SALE right now! She is available as a single stamp. And on Plate # 85 together with three other gorgeous images. You will love them. They are some of my favourites. 

The colouring is made with Distress Inks. And I tried something new here. I wanted to give it a crackle effect and covered the finished image with clear embossing powder three times. Put it in the fridge and when it was cold and strong I crackled it few times till I got this effect. Love its look. The lace I put around the image was original white. I sprayed some Antique Brass Glimmer Mist over it to give it a similar colour like the background paper from Basic Grey haves. 


Here you can see a closer look of the image



Wish you a magical week now. Thank you so much for looking. 
Hugs, Karina

9 comments:

  1. Love this look Karina! and if you rubbed some ink into those cracks they would show up even more.....
    Love your color palette and that lace turned out lovely.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... absolutely beautiful!!! I love the layout and all the goodies that you added! Not to mention, that image is awesome!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Karina! I love the coloring and the finish on the image. It turned out stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Karina - love the vintage feel.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I love the cracked image. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZERS Karina, this is breath taking. This is a 'work of art', I absolutley love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work, love the crackle effect

    ReplyDelete
  8. Between your beautiful coloring and the crackle, this is a treasure! What a gorgeous creations Karina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vintage look! The crackle is cool! :)

    ReplyDelete