Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Constance

Here's a great image from artist Nikki Burnette named Constance (Plate #149). Isn't she a beauty? I just love her expression. I had this wonderful fall color paper that was warm browns on the outside and oranges inside, so I colored her up with gorgeous reds and deep oranges. Then I highlighted the card with some luxurious embroidered paisley that I bought in Turkey. It's a rich orange with luscious brown sequins inside. YUM!I cut the outside edge of the card to match the shape of the paisley and let the inside coloring of the cardstock show. I added a wonderful sentiment "The eyes indicate the antiquity of the soul." (Ralph Waldo Emerson) and used a couple of great flower embellishments from All My Memories to add one extra touch. The die cut used on this card is a new shape that Sizzix is selling. Be sure to check out all of Nikki's stamps (click here). I just love this image, and her new sheet that just came out, OH, I can't WAIT to get my hands on those. That little witch (Adrianna)--you are SO gonna see a card with her soon!!

Cheers All, Holley

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE this color combo Holley!! You used exactly the perfect papers to bring out the magnificent colors too.
    I look forward to seeing what gorgeous trims you will use next time.....
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holley, love the fall-ish colors. The big pasley embellishments are a perfect touch. Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY pretty Holley. The rich fall colors are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful Job with this Holley and I adore the Fall pallette! That paisley trim is perfect too! Love this

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours in this card Holley! Totally loving that paisley trim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, she is hot and sassy - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the orange shades. It's very trendy this autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just lovin' your ribbons and the way you choose the image to go with it. This is perfect...... and I love that red brown color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous lace, and image are super awesome. Wonderful creation Holley.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Holley. I too am loving your beautiful new ribbons. I really love the oranges you used on these. Great paper choice too.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so beautiful, Holley. Love the colours you used, the brown and orange go perfect together. And I love how you coloured her in the same tones. The ribbon is a perfect additon to it.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete