Monday, July 25, 2011

Holly Fairy

Hi Everyone,

I think the heat is generating wishful dreams of Christmas, snow and cool temperatures which meant I finished coloring ching-chou kuik's Holly Fairy, part of Plate #60. The sentiment is from Plate #36.


This fairy had been in my 'unfinished' drawer for a while but I thought I'd give it a shot to see if I could get something going. The card itself isn't anything fancy BUT I think I saved this gorgeous fairy. And I wanted a silver background - something shimmery. So I used my silver metalic Sharpie pen.

I also used Viva Decor Gel Gloss on the berries and added some shimmer and glimmer to her wings with an orange Atyou Spica pen. Since I used copics to color the image, I made sure to do the background with the sharpie last.

Thanks for stopping and don't forget to check out the store for the latest new releases!

11 comments:

  1. Love the layout and the red berries on the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shapes and how you layered them Micki!
    and those orange wings? Smashing!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, really great looking card! I love the layout and the dew drops are the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. I love the way you created the card with the over lap and the image. The berries are FABULOUS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me in the mood for creating Christmas cards as well :o). Your card looks so beautiful, Micki. The glossy accents are lovely and the layout is fabulous.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooow! It's wonderful Micki!! The colouring is really perfect, the layout superb...Stunning card, and the sentiments..and the Gel Gloss was a perfect match to this lovely image . I'm going to make some Chritmas card!;)
    Wish you a beautiful day♥
    Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Micki!!! Your colouring is just so superb!! I am loving the Christmas feel... gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Micki, beautiful work. This image just jumps off the page. You did a lovely job coloring her in, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is lovely... and I love the layout of this card! The coloring is stunning and I love the look of the berries...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I´ve never seen this kind of card before, awesome! :) :) :)
    xoxo Kicki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Micki, hun for some reason I missed your card. This is so awesome. I love the your design on this and your coloring looks great.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete