Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Love You More





For my card today, I decided to use this gorgeous new image illustrated by Meredith Dillman for Sweet Pea Stamps. You can see her beautiful work HERE. I love this image, it's so flowy and romantic. I decided to create a little "I love you" card for my hubby (I know, the card is very girly, I stink at making masculine cards so all of my husband's cards are very girly :) He loves them anyway though :) ). I colored this gorgeous image with copics and then sponged around the image with my Tim Holtz blending tool using SU's Pretty in Pink ink. I then added some Stardust Stickles to her wings. Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock. My DP is from MME. I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the top piece of DP. For some finishing touches, I added pearls, a bow (tied with my Bow Easy) and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. The beautiful sentiment is from the "You Had Me at Chocolate" stamp set from My Creative Time. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs, Christine

10 comments:

  1. Wow your choice of papers and your coloring are a perfect match. Gorgeous!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this one is also stunning, love the work of Meredith and yours! Greetz, Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Christine. I am sure your hubby will love it. You made the perfect choice of papers for it. And your colouring is WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning is right. Your eye to detail is amazing. It would have taken me forever to create a card like that. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an elegant image and so detailed. I love you MORE so goes with this image. Such an inspiration Christine. Makes me want to pull out this image and color her up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful Christine!! I love all of the colours in the image and the card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice of color and papers Christine! Your layout is perfect for this image.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card, love the color combination and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Christine, this is beautiful. The coloring the papers the embellishements, all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete