Thursday, January 27, 2011

Heartfelt wishes


The stamp I have used today is one of the newer ones from ching chou kuik called one and only heart from plate 68. I used burgundy distress ink for the image's background and coloured the image with promarkers. The girl is coloured in several red hues as there are no good that matched the papers.  The colours I used were: ivory and blush for skin, dusky rose, ruby, burnt orange, burgundy, burnt umber, coral for dress and hair.


It's a quite simple card, but I like the monochromatic look and didn't want to overpower the image. Although I think a flower or a bow might have made it better. It's almost like something is missing, but I can't figure out what. The things I do like with this card is that I finally inked the background of the image and didn't leave it white like I usually do.


post signature

12 comments:

  1. She is luscious. I adore the burnt red colors used. Perfect for someone you love!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Katarina! I love the combo of reds you used for this beauty.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is STUNNING Katrina. I love monochromatic, and this color is just plain amazing. Absolutely gorgeous, REALLY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very stylish - the monochromic effect is really great here))0 Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Katrina!! I love the monochromatic colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card, Katarina. Love its monochromatic style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning colors! Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katarina, I love monochromatic - and your card is gorgeous. I love the papers and the coloring. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katarina, one word: BEAUTIFUL. This would be the perfect Valentine's Card. Her hair is sooo pretty, the perfect shade.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katarina, I really love the rustic red colors you used and hte background looks great. What a great Valentine's card or an anniversary card this would make.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Valentine card. I would love to hand this one out to my favorite Valentine. This image is just stunning

    ReplyDelete