Saturday, October 30, 2010

Let Your Light Shine featuring "Sugar and Spice Dragon"



What a fun project! This is my first project using one of Jennifer Nilsson's images. I had a great time choosing papers and colors to use on this little cutie! Jennifer has some wonderful images now available at Sweet Pea Stamps! You will certainly want to check them out! I'm sorry I can't give you better direction on how I made the glittery background paper....it was years ago. All I can recall is that I used glittery acrylic paint. I love how this image worked so well with the Smooch and Glossy Accent products! Who doesn't enjoy some sparkle?

Supply List

Image
"Sugar and Spice Dragon", by Jennifer Nilsson for Sweet Pea Stamps
Sentiment is my own and computer generated

Ink
Memento, Tuxedo Black

Papers
Neenah Smooth white card stock
Solid color card stocks-Stampin Up
Glitter background paper is my own creation from glitter paints

Copic Markers
Dragon-bg02, bg05, bg07, bg09, v0000, v000, v01, v04
Egg-yg01, yg03, yg25, 0
Firefly-bg10, bg11, bg13, v15, v17

Misc. Supplies
Chalks for cheeks and firefly's glow
Smooch in "Gold, pool and illuminate"
Inkssentials, Ranger Glossy Accents
Aqua flat back baubles, Hobby Lobby Jewelry dept.
Scotch ATG gun and adhesive

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful dragon stamp. I love this design and the beautiful way you colored it. Your background is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this turned out sooooo adorable, I love the colors you used, so viberant. Your background is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Lisa, that background paper is awesome and really makes the dragon pop. Love it. So vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! The coloring is GORGEOUS Lisa and the background amazing! Just BEAUTIFUL~

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I love the colors! the bg paper is awesome and I love how you colored the image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are spectacular! Great job on your DP also!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, WOW, wow, wow~! I LOVE how you have colored this! It looks like a gorgeous illustration, and I want the whole book! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with Traci!! This is soooooo gorgeous!! I really love the background paper, it looks like cloth. Great work on this Lisa.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shimmering details. This is so cute.

    ReplyDelete