Thursday, September 2, 2010

Connie-Lil' Mermaid-Plate 62

This card began with a scrap of pretty net paper.
I had this paper and wanted to use it and what better way than a Samantha Rawlings Mermaid?
You can see I used the net paper as a fishing net....it was white with tiny white blobs all over.

I began with the Lil' Mermaid image by Samantha Rawlings and you can find it 
There are some delightful images on this plate!

I stamped the image and colored it with Copic markers, sponging yellow
dye ink around her.
I added several bubble stickers by Momenta for fish bubbles and some
small dots with my Viva Decor pen "Opal" for her necklace.
I layered some glossy behind the image that was brayered in
variegated colors.
I added a seashell atop the netting which I wrapped over the image.

I added some white dots with a gel pen but not sure I like the effect.
I hope you do!

Thanks for looking.
Connie

11 comments:

  1. Connie, you did a great job with this image. The paper netting is a fabulous idea, it really turned out neat. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that paper netting is perfect and it looks like bits of sand. I love this card.....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. that netting is lovely and what an inspiration because you final product is breathtaking!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab idea with the little net and the sweet shell

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Connie! Love the shell and netting, love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this Connie!! She is too cute and I love the netting and the seashell!! Great job on this!!
    Hugs:) Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. she is adorable, I love how you used the netting and the crystals are perfect little bubbles, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely adorable Connie, I love all the details you added!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Connie! I love the embellishments you added. What an adorable mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Connie, what a cool inspiration piece to start with! I love the card you came up with! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet! I love the image and the sparkly net or fabric is just perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete