Thursday, July 29, 2010

Silk Dance

I love the way Silk Dance has her tail behind her as a background and it is a fairly open image for the ©ching-chou kuik's FantasyArt Collection. After deciding which background paper I wanted to use I then determined what colors to use for Silk Dance. Probably 85% of the time I decide my image colors after I select my background papers. I often don't decide color placement until I am in the process, but I pull out everything that matches or coordinates from which to select. I am LOVING the hair and think that a coral color is unique appropriate for a mermaid. I wanted this to be a birthday card and went through my fabulous set of sentiments from Sweet Pea Stamps. I finally decided on the one here from Plate #2. While doing so I decided that Plate #2 was one I needed to pull out and play with again. It is just so pretty!

8 comments:

  1. Oops! I'll try this again....
    I love the way you repeated the silk swath in the image with the ribbon Alex. It ties together so nicely!
    Great job.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the ribbon co-ordinating the silk is so stunning Alex I love this image. Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this birthday card Alex. The background paper looks great with this image and I agree with Connie & Pascale, the ribbon is wonderful. Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty, I love the color combo you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex, sorry I missed this one this morning!!!! I love the colors you used!! I just bought my little girl Jazmine a shirt last night in these same colors except the blue!! I was so drawn to these colors in the store as I am now looking at your card!! Love the ribbon and her hair color!!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors were a perfect look for this beauty!!! The flowers accent her wonderfully! The ribbon also takes on the ribbon on the stamp magically!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the coloring on the image. She looks so pretty and the flower is a great accent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex this is so pretty! I love how you colored it and the layout is perfect!

    ReplyDelete