Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Elaine Cox Little Jasmine Mermaid

Hi Everybody,

I was in one of those 'moods' where I gravitate towards a certain color and go with it. As you can see, I once again used the blues and greens as the main colors for Elaine Cox "Little Jasmine Mermaid" which is part of Plate #48.

Little Jasmine Mermaid in Blue

I stamped the image with Momento Tuxedo Black ink onto Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Millstone 80lb card stock. Millstone is a very light sand color. It actually gives your colors a different 'flavor' if you will, more of a muted tone. I colored Jasmine with copics, taking my time. I think I played with the colors for several evenings before finally finishing her up. I also used my Twinkelette glitter pens for some glitter. Some Distress Ink around the edges of the image to help blend it in a bit.

I used some scrap DSP for the matting. The ribbon is from Offray which is threaded through a cut-down Nesties Border die (Fleur De Lis). The beaded white flowers are from Modern Romance found in the wedding aisle of your local craft store. I had some scrap paper flourish & strand 'o beads laying around so I decided to add it to the card. I will tell you that I almost ruined the card while trying to glue the flourish down. I used a glue pen and didn't realize I got some glue on my fingers. And you know how dried glue on fingers picks up any dirt, right? Well, before I realized it, I got some on her cheek. I used a sanding stick - stole it from my hubby :-) - and lightly sanded her cheek. I can still see where the 'spot' was :-(. I do hope it will encourage a newbie crafter to not worry about making mistakes.

The sentiments are from Plate #4 - Simply Vertical - which I just cut apart. These I stamped with Momento Rich Cocoa ink onto scrap cs. (Trying to hide a couple more glue messes. I truly am one messy crafter, lol)

Now, how about YOU play with some ink and your favorite Sweet Pea Stamp and don't forget to share your creations. :-)

What? You don't have any Sweet Pea Stamps? Well, head over to the shop, because there are some awesome stamps on sale...... so, whatcha waiting for? ! lol..... Have fun guys!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Micki I love it!! Even with you saying there were goofs I couldn't find them. Sounds like my recent "comedy of corrections" card.
    Very nice job!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micki, this is adorable, I love it. You don't even notice you mistake. I love her skin tone

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you let your imagination go wild in this one. Out of the box!!! I didn't even notice the smudge, thought it was her blush!!!

    I really like the ribbon treatment!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cool - it has a wonderful watery look! love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Micki!!! I get smudges on my images all the time and It make me mad to spend all that time coloring it and then mess it up!! But I still use it anyway, unless it's unsavable!! I agree with Kym you really stepped out of your comfort zone on this one with your embellishements and it looks great!!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet Micki. I love the coloring on this one. It's nice to pick a different color from time to time and see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the way it turned out...I like the images with coloured skin these images lend themselves to this so easily..great card and great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is a stunner! Very striking work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Micki! Love the colors and the bead embellie! WOW!

    ReplyDelete