Monday, June 28, 2010

Seahorses and mermaids down under


Today I would like to take the opportunity to show you a card made for a friend using my latest DT loot from sweetpea. This is the first time I've chosen to get some stamps drawn by Elaine Cox. This one is called little seahorses mermaid and I really love the cute little seahorses and the fresh zesty colours of the patterned papers that give the image a different feel. Wouldn't expect the sea to be all orange and flowery although it looks quite amazing in it's own way. Trust me, I've seen some amazing things "down under" and I'm not talking about Australia.


I coloured the image with my promarkers and coloured a white satin ribbon with lime green. It's one of my favourite tips of all time: purchase white ribbons and colour them in so you'll always have a perfectly matched ribbon. You'll save a lot and will always have a perfect colour match.

12 comments:

  1. Katarina,
    I think your matching of colors and DP to your image is marvelous. She is so sweet and inviting. I just adore it all.
    XOXO KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Katarina. I love your papers and the mermaid coloring and love love love your tip with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of circles Katarina. Love how you tied it all together.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love that patterned paper and how you colored the mermaid. Beautiful!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katarina, I love it. You did a fabulous job on this image. Really cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Katarina, this is so pretty!!! You just such a wonderful job on her!! Love her!!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, you did such a wonderful job on her!!! My typing is terrible this morning!! Maybe I'll get it straight soon!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful. I really like the way she just stands out and the seahorses as well because of the soft color of her tail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the coloring on this one! Esp the way her eyes look. Nice job Katarina!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is so beautifully colored! So soft and pretty! Gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katarina, this is beautiful! I love the softness of it! Better watch out though - those Elaine Cox images are addicting! They are my absolute "must haves" now! :-) Traci

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty, I like the softness

    ReplyDelete