Monday, June 21, 2010

Brown Hat Spring Fairy

This wonderful image is Elaine Cox's Brown Hat Spring Fairy. It comes from Sheet 3 (Plate 40) Owls. I love these whimsical type images that have fairy girls with owls as well. I used Copic markers to color and dual colored silk ribbon to add embellishment. I also added some cute brads as well as a simple flower.

It's hard to see in the photo but the background brown paper is shimmery as well as the dark red paper that the stamped image is mounted on. That sparkle gives the whole card a shine.
I love the whole set of owls. Inside I used a wonderful saying from the same sheet that says "Owl only have eyes for you."
Have a great day! Holley

12 comments:

  1. Holley,
    Your coloring brings this sweetie to life. She is just lovely! Her eyes have me in a trance.
    KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Kym, those eyes ..... Holley, love that color combo and I have some of that brown sparkly paper so I know what you're talking about. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card Holley! Love your color scheme as well.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh is is very prety Holley!! Love the way you colored her and the paper looks great with your coloring!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holley this card is sooo pretty. You really made this image come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Holley, I love the colors you chose and your coloring is beautiful. Lynette is right, your card just comes to life!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright colours. The image really "pops"

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card Holley, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, Holley! I love your color combo and your coloring is so pretty! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holley- I love the deep red with the browns. Gorgeous owl!!!

    ReplyDelete