Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spring Spread Avatar Style

Hi Everyone,

All the excitement of the movie "Avatar" must have rubbed off on me. When I saw previews of this movie, I really wasn't that interested but having seen it, I have to admit it was a great movie. All the vivid colors were spectacular and inspired me to attempt to color ©ching chou kuik's Spring Spread 'Avatar' style.

SpringSpread

I also used some green mesh from Mageneta, Metal Dots from Colorbok and Fiesta Felt Flowers from Button Galore & More as well as ribbon from Heidi Grace. I didn't worry too much about matching colors, especially with the flourish (cut from regular cardstock with my Expression). I just used a sponge and Distress Ink - Broken China to sort of blend it all in. Oh and I used some Stickles too!

The picture doesn't do the eyes justice but coloring the skin blue really, really makes her eyes pop. Here's another view of the card:

SpringSpreadCloseUp

©ching chou kuik's Spring Spread is one of the gorgeous images from Plate #42. If you haven't checked out the latest releases from Sweet Pea Stamps, definitely head over to the store and check out the Overstock Sale......

Thanks for stopping by and remember to share YOUR Sweet Pea Stamps creations with us!

Micki

17 comments:

  1. Blue and purple, wow the combo is so perfect !!! I love her blue skin, great idea and gorgeous result !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous color choices Micki! I LOVE it!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow now that is thinking out of the box and a wonderful idea!!!! I am banana's over it and if you do not mind I may lift that idea from you and try it myself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on this image Micki. Very cool, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful,great idea the avatarlook.

    Grtzzz Marjon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look so amazing. She is gorgeous. Hugs. Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a good idea, and you're card is very nice !
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is fab i love those colours.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this avatar style. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How clever, that does make me think of Avatar! Your coloring is great on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, I love the colors - both in your image and your card! Gorgeous! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Avatar look! The colors are spectacular and give a whole new look to the image. GORGEOUS Micki! And I received my blog candy and your gorgeous card. Thank you sooo much! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH Micki, this is just wonderful!! I really love the way you have colored this one..Very lovely!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is so gorgeous! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Micki!! She looks amazing in blue!! VERY Avatar and very artsy!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete