Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dress it up!!

The dress form image I used on these 2 items is on Sweet Pea plate #7.
I created a card starting with lavender cardstock. I used a decorative photo corner punch and then cut another piece of lightweight purple scrapbook paper to fit within the corners. I did edge the purple piece with a black marker before putting the piece in place. I stamped the dress form 4 times on the purple paper and then stamped the sentiment in the center. To 'dress up' this card I then stamped the dress form onto 4 different colors and patterns of scrapbook paper. I cut out the dresses without the dress stand from those papers, ran them through a Xyron and then attached them to the stamped images on the purple paper. I had some purple faux gemstones in my large supply of embellishments, so I attached one to each corner of the card using glue dots.


This ATC was made for a swap group. The theme was "What women want...". I thought of this stamp almost immediately and knew it would fit into the theme.
I had some scraps of background papers laying around. This piece was created by laying a piece of punchinella down and then spraying with Glitz Spritz; a watercolor spray that contains a mica powder. This particular color is pink; the photo doesn't really show how shimmery the ATC is.
I stamped the dress form in the center of the ATC with black India ink and attached a strip of lace and pearl ribbon down the right side. I typed the words using the computer and printed them on a piece of vellum. Once I cut them out, I ran them through the Xyron and then attached them to the ATC.

There are many more uses for this stamp. Let's see what you can come up with.... Chrissy

3 comments:

  1. Love your punchinella paper Chrissie!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image and what you have created with it, especially the ATC. Thanks Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute, the background is neat.

    ReplyDelete