Friday, November 20, 2009

Count Your Blessings

 got some great venetian style papers from Pressed Petals that I think look wonderful with Sweet Pea's Angels from sheet # 17. This set of stamps is one of our best sellers!

I stamped the large angel once and the small angel twice with Black ink from Memento. I trimmed out all the images and mounted the large image on silver paper. I covered my card with printed cardstock from Pressed Petals, inking all the edges with ColorBox Chalk ink. I mounted the smaller angels on opposing sides of the large angel and mounted tiny buttons with glue dots.

The saying comes from sheet #14; The full saying is "Count your blessings, not your birthdays" but for this card I only wanted to use part of the saying. I carefully inked the part of the saying that I wanted and stamped it on white paper.

Many people think of this plate as a holiday theme plate, but I think it is much more than that. Here's a nice example of how to use the image for a non holiday card.

Happy Friday everyone!

Holley

1 comment:

  1. This is a great card to show the versatility of the stamps! I really like how you used only part of the sentiment and it works perfectly with the angels!

    ReplyDelete