Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Birthday Banner

What little girl wouldn't love a banner like this for her birthday?? My niece, Alivia, will be 3 in December and I am ready.
I used an image from Sweet Pea plate #8 and one from plate #9.
Using purple and bright pink cardstock, I cut triangles and trimmed the edges with a decorative scissors. I cut 3 large from both colors of cardstock and 3 smaller from both. I used markers in coordinating colors to edge each of the triangles and then attached a small triangle onto each large triangle making sure I had one of each color for each of the 'flags'. I cut 2 slits in the tops of each flag and then threaded the decorative ribbon (purple with pink polka dots) through each alternating the colors of the flags. I punched the letters for Alivia's name using my Cuttlebug and the alphabet set I have. I used the same pink and purple cardstock alternating letters so that a pink letter would be attached to a purple flag and purple letter to a pink flag. I also used the Cuttlebug to punch and emboss 2 butterflies and 2 flowers. I stamped the Sweet Pea images onto white cardstock, colored with pencils, and cut them out. I attached the flowers with brads, and the butterflies and images with double sided tape. This was such an easy project and the images are perfect for little girls. I'm sure you know someone who would love a banner like this. Give this a try!! Chrissy

1 comment:

  1. awww Chrissy this is too adorable. Oh this will be perfect for the next birthday party. :-)

    ReplyDelete