Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Celebrate Halloween

Halloween is just around the corner and the Halloween stamp set from Sweet Pea Stamps is just the answer for some cute cards.
On these first two cards I added a few embellishments to spice up the cards. I found some cute little Halloween colored pom poms and added some to these cards.
The small bat stamp that comes with this set is great as a background as shown in the orange card, or stamped in the foreground as seen in cards that follow.
Here are 2 more cards ....
Once I pulled out my Halloween colored cardstock there was no end to the combinations of cards that could be made with this set of stamps.
I thought the 'Happy Halloween' stamp made a great background for the other images.
On some cards you'll see some doodling along the edges. When I had a card that looked a little bare or unfinished I found that adding a little border with a marker worked wonders.
Finishing touches like ribbons or colored gems also added to the appeal of the card.

How about these 2 cuties....
On both cards I used some self stick Halloween-colored gems to add a little glitz.
The little witch looked good when I framed her with a piece of black cardstock. I used a ticket punch on the orange cardstock which gave me the perfect space for adding the colored gems. The orange ribbon provided the finishing touch for the card.
I combined the bat boy with some of the decorative scrapbook paper on the orange card. I used the colored gems in the 4 corners of the card.

Had enough yet???
Here's the 7th card I made from the Halloween set. Once I started I just couldn't stop!
On this one I used a combination of decorative scrapbook paper, 4 of the Halloween stamps, and some markers to spice up the card.
How can Halloween be scary when this set of stamps is so cute???
Have fun with this set...
Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment