Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It's a banner day!


I got the idea of making a banner when I was browsing some websites a few months ago. This will be given to my niece Alexa for her birthday; she can hang this in her room. I used images from Sweet Pea Stamps - plates 8, 9, and 10. Here's how it was done.....
  • Cut 3 lime green and 2 bright pink cardstock triangles 3 1/2 x 4", and cut 2 lime green and 3 bright pink triangles 4 1/4 x 5 1/2". Then trim long sides with decorative edge scissors.
  • Using lime green and bright pink markers, color the decorative edges.
  • Attach each small lime green triangle to a larger bright pink, and each small bright pink triangle to a larger lime green using double sided tape.
  • I used my cuttlebug and alphabet die cuts to punch the letters for Alexa's name; apply each letter to the tip of each flag.
  • I stamped the 5 Sweet Pea images using black India ink onto white cardstock.
  • I colored the images using colored pencil, gamsol and a blending stump.
  • Cut out the images and attach one to each flag above letter using double sided tape.
  • Using glue dots, attach decorative flower trim across tops of flags leaving extra trim at each end.
TA DAA!!!! It's really easy and what little girl wouldn't love to hang this in her room??
Try this or some of the other great ideas that we've been posting to the Sweet Pea blog and show us your results!!!
Have fun.... Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment