Sunday, August 16, 2009

About me - Katarina

Our final new design team member is Katrina from Sweden. For her first creation she has chosen an image from the Sweet Pea Pals to highlight in a wonderfully, colorful card. We hope you enjoy what Katrina brings to the gallery each Sunday!

Hi everyone,

I'm Katarina and I live with my fiancée in southern Sweden. I've been stamping for about 8 years but it's not until I started blogging last fall that I feel like I have made any progress. All the blog hopping and joining challenges have boosted both my talent and confidence (or I wouldn't be able to brag like this, lol)!

I was never encouraged to craft when I was young, just did it a bit in secret, so when I moved away to study, my crafty side came out. I started with decoupage, repainting old jewelry boxes, then moved on to making clothes and jewelry. It wasn't until I found stamping that it felt absolutely right. I've been stuck ever since and it's my main hobby. I still make jewelry and recently I started to make little stuffed animals and decorations. I even set up a shop on Etsy to sell my creations.

I'm super-excited about being on the Sweet Pea Stamps design team. I like the different styles and I'm currently working on developing my "distressed" and vintage stamping. It's a real honour to be on the design team and by accepting me Lynette has helped me to fulfill one of my new year's resolutions: to get on a DT. My other resolution was to get published in a stamp mag which I did earlier this year!

My favourite motifs are cute animals, but I like all sorts of stamps. I like trying everything, that's why I don't feel like I have a specific style - I'm all over the place :D. You can see bright bold colours on my cards or elegant in black and white. It all depends on my mood or the materials I've hoarded. I'm mostly colouring with Promarkers but use Twinkling H2O's or Tombows from time to time.

I hope you will sign up as a follower and come by to see what we're up to. If you get inspired by us or you're wondering about something, let us know :)

/Katarina

PS. Pic of me will come soon. I can't find one that isn't older than 3 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment