Hallo,
I have a little project for you today that is defiantly a bit out of my normal box but it was really fun to do.
It is a true 'mixed media' project as I have used a piece of my encaustic wax, and a zentangle piece, in addition to my main image and then added another graffiti style element with a zentangle twist to it....
The main image I used is called 'Runaway Ruby' by Regan Kubecek and I colored her with prismacolor pencils.
I thought that in her travels as she ran away from home Ruby must have done a lot of walking and anytime you walk in the city you are bound to see some graffiti. I layered her to a die cut and then to the graffiti stuff - adding the phrase to the side of her afterwards.(It says RUNAWAY - in case you cant read it - added some tangles to it too and its not as easy to read as when it was plain, but it looks more graffiti - ish that way....)
All for today - Take Care
Tera
Saturday, November 29, 2014
Regan Kubecek - 'Runaway Ruby' - Graffitti style- Tera's view
Labels:
Regan Kubecek,
Runaway Ruby,
Sweet Pea Stamps,
Tera
I am about to adventure into the life of Retirement and am looking forward to significantly more time in the studio, playing with my Grandkids and traveling now and then with the hubby. I have spent 41 years as an RN - mostly in Critical Care. I picked up painting and more formal art again when my kids went from High School into college. I have always done some form of art, even in the busy years of Career, Mom, Military wife - mostly in the crafty forms(sewing, rubber stamping, its a long list...) Now I mainly paint with encaustic wax. Encaustic is an ancient art form from Greece and Egypt that uses beeswax, natural tree resin and pigments. Encaustic is painted while melted in thin layers and every layer is fused to those below with heat( I mostly use a torch). True to my 'normal' self I have 3 or 4 other hobbies that keep me busy too , and you will be seeing(and have been) those here too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Very creative!
ReplyDelete